In this series of blog entries, I post articles about all sorts of topics related to Dungeons & Dragons, including how to get started, which sites have the best info, and how to be the best DM (Dungeon Master) and PC (player character) you can be.
Also, because I usually play D&D with my kids, my focus is on making sure kids (and other new players) enjoy the game right off the bat.
A Little History
- We’re going on an adventure! (read this first!)
- What is D&D?
- What kids can learn from playing D&D
- Tell me more about this D&D resurgence…
How to Play Dungeons & Dragons
- Getting started, and what you need
- Explaining D&D to new players
- Creating characters
- Our (first) characters!
- Some more of our characters
- Resources for learning D&D fast!
- Playing Dungeons & Dragons with kids
- Your first time playing (as a Player Character)
- Your first time playing (as a Dungeon Master)
- What’s behind that DM screen, anyway?
- Dice. Those wonderful, terrible dice.
- One-shots and campaigns
Adventure Reviews and Reports
- The Lost Mine of Phandelver (our Adventure Report)
- Tower of the Mad Mage (our Adventure Report)
- Wizard in a Bottle (our Adventure Report)
- Temple of the Nightbringers (our Adventure Report)
- Troll Trouble (our Adventure Report)
- The Goblin Grail Gang (our Adventure Report and review)
- The Secret of Skyhold Tower (our Adventure Report)
Other Fun Stuff and External Links
- The Official Dungeons & Dragons website
- Scriv the Bard: another D&D blogger, with great tips for all ages
- Power Score RPG Index: a phenomenal resource, especially for published D&D adventures and many, many fantastic how-to articles
- Dungeon Master Daily: sign up for daily D&D tips, or read the archive
- Handbooker Helper: short and fun how-to videos from the Critical Role folks
- The Dungeoncast Podcast: Lots of “deep dives” about the game, occasional f-bombs
- Dungeons & Dragons Online: Compiles online resources for the MMORPG video game Dungeons and Dragons Online (DDO)
- #DnDadjokes: D&D-related Dad Jokes (think bad puns and “groaners”)
- Dad (5e Class): I had to share this!
Thanks for reading! If you’re enjoying this blog, feel free to take a look at my books at UnWrecked Press and Amazon. If something I wrote here improved your gaming experience or you just want to say thanks, buy a book or two!