I just decided this morning that I want to write a blog at least once a week. (I almost used “blog” like a verb in that first sentence, but then I went back and changed that. Whew. Close call.)
Journaling, you could call it. (Cringe.)
So I figured I could come up with some journal entries/blogs about what’s going on in my life for your entertainment and/or skimming pleasure. 🙂
Potential topics for these once-a-week, off-the-cuff journal entries include:
- What I’m working on with my fiction-writing endeavors (currently stuck on my novel A Wild Epidemic of Magic, but I had a mini-revelation yesterday in which I may have to toss out or heavily rework about 1/3 of what I’ve written so far on the book… Ouch.)
- What new and fun thing I’ve learned or done with my digital publishing project UnWrecked Press (currently, there’s a freebie sale at Amazon only for my baby werewolf novel — get a download of it while you can!)
- What I’m reading (currently enjoying the lovely voice of the 14-year-old female narrator of Charles Portis’s True Grit. Looking forward to watching both versions of the movie when I’m done. Reading it on my Kindle, with a buddy’s novel queued up after that, along with half a dozen MORE ebooks.)
- What I’m listening to (currently listening to my Mumford & Sons station on Pandora, but I just downloaded the Boss’s new album “Wrecking Ball,” which may be his best album in a decade.)
- What my awesome and cute kids are up to (Drew just started up coach-pitch baseball for the third time, while Mitch is back into gymnastics and tumbling, and both are more than ready for Mom and Dad to get their new bikes, which are coming soon! Jump over to my non-Author Facebook page for some recent pics.)
- What trips or adventures we’ve got planned or are about to embark upon (we’re heading to the mountains again in a week and a half, and we hope to have four bikes attached to the back of our car instead of just the two bikes for Drew and Mitch. Mountain biking! We’ve been saving up for this for years.)
- What movies I’ve seen, and my thoughts about them (most recently I watched most of the documentaries from “The Fellowship of the Ring” Extended Version DVDs, which were fun to revisit, inspiring, and also made me very glad to not be a movie director or a producer. I like my comfy home and laptop, thanks! We also watched the first season of “A Game of Thrones,” which was incredibly well-done.)
- What I’ve saved or read recently in my Instapaper queue, for when I’m really out of topics! (currently reading about five articles, most of them about writing and the publishing industry, but I’m very intrigued by this longer one: “How to Find Your Purpose and Do What You Love” from a site called BrainPickings. Interesting!)
- Worst-case scenario: I share with you my info from my various perambulations recorded by the awesome app called RunKeeper (I’m walking at least a mile or two a day, whenever I can, and hope to start jogging again by summertime.)
So those are some of the topics you can expect in the coming weeks. At least one journal entry about one or two of them, or whatever other topic makes me want to blather on for about 700 words or half an hour, whichever comes first.
I’m also hoping to add more photos of my own to these entries. I’m gonna have to check out the iPhone app for Instagram to make my hastily snapped photos look more vintage and cool. I cheated and used an image from LifeHacker at the top of this entry. The other entries I do after this, I think, should have one of my photos on it.
All, right so it’s a plan. I gotta have a plan. Looking forward to it! Later…