The plan for October:
- Write fast.
- Write for two hours a day.
- Throw down 2,000 words in those two hours.
- Write fast. Don’t stop and think too much about it. Just write.
- 2,000 words equals eight double-spaced pages a day.
- Write fast. Worry about putting it all together and having it make sense later.
- 31 days at 2,000 words a day = 62,000 words or about 250 pages. Not. Too. Shabby.
- Plan out what I want to write about each day. Set that goal and meet it. Then write a little bit extra to make the next day’s writing easier.
- Write fast. Turn off the Google Email Notifiers and stay off the Net! Crank the music and write while everyone else is asleep. This is fun, remember?
- Get the story down on paper first, then worry about editing and revising. You can’t edit nor revise thin air.
And then, after the Halloween candy has been gathered and the last of the goblins and spooks have tumbled off to bed, I’d be really, really happy to have a rough first draft of my Maps and Legends novel. Is that too much to ask?
I think not.