Now that I’ve got my young-adult urban fantasy novel fixed up and sent off to my agent, my mind has begun turning toward the next novel simmering on the back burner: Maps and Legends.
So, in an effort to not be totally boring to the four or five people actually reading this journal, I’m going to make a series of short, Private journal entries [EDITED TO ADD — nope, no more private entries!] that cover the nuts and bolts of putting together the 90,000 words required to achieve Novel for this book. I want to do it in a pretty short period of time, so I’m going to try to push myself.
- Organize and outline the whole book between now and September 8th.
- Decide on what stays and what goes from the 100 pages I wrote earlier this year.
- Start drafting on September 8th.
- Finish a strong first draft by October 31st.
- Write 6 pages a day, every day, to reach at least 300 pages by deadline. (1500 words/day)
- Follow my novel-writing strategy for the book.
- Have fun, take risks, be wild and crazy.
Warning — I’ll be using the dreaded counter in these private posts to keep up with my wordage, starting next Monday, 9/8: